Sunday, February 1, 2009

freebsd page fault panic

I am playing with dtraceall, my silly mistake is make loader module on loader.conf.
I can't boot my machine because I just add one line on loader.conf
link_elf lapic_cyclic_clock_func undefined bla..bla...

I got page fault panic
cat /boot/loader.conf
dtraceall_load="YES"

So, I when to console menu, no "6"
and in the console
OK unload --> to unload all modules
OK load kernel --> load kernel modules
OK boot --> then boot the system.

that's it. Then I remove "dtraceall_load="YES" the line on /boot/loader.conf

Until now I can't play with dtrace. I am still not sure why, but my error messages on /var/log/messages are
...
Feb 1 21:38:54 viperbsd kernel: This module (opensolaris) contains code covered by the
Feb 1 21:38:54 viperbsd kernel: Common Development and Distribution License (CDDL)
Feb 1 21:38:54 viperbsd kernel: see http://opensolaris.org/os/licensing/opensolaris_license/
Feb 1 21:38:54 viperbsd kernel: link_elf: symbol lapic_cyclic_clock_func undefined
Feb 1 21:38:54 viperbsd kernel: KLD profile.ko: depends on cyclic - not available
Feb 1 21:38:54 viperbsd kernel: KLD dtraceall.ko: depends on profile - not available

No comments:

Post a Comment